A vehicle can either be added to FleetWave via the Import Wizard or by manually adding it to the Vehicles table. This process is described below and has been designed to allow for recording of vehicle data before the vehicle is actually on the fleet.
Check out the video:
1. Navigate to the Vehicles module
2. Click to add a record
3. FleetWave displays the add form for a new vehicle record, defaulting the 'Vehicle Status' to 'Pre-Fleet'
This status means the vehicle is not yet live on your fleet, and only a minimal level of detail is mandatory.
4. Enter the 'Registration Number'
5. Enter the 'Make', 'Model' and 'Derivative'
6. Based on the model/derivative set, the system pulls through data, such as fuel consumption, emissions and performance data, from the corresponding record in the models table
If the make or model details are not available they will need to be added to the Makes/Models table.
7. Click to save the record
Tip - Why not add an image of the vehicle to make it recognizable in the system?
Once the vehicle is live on your fleet, you will need to update the status and ensure a certain level of information has been captured - see Set a Vehicle to Live.