Product: FleetWave Technician
Release Date: January 2023
In this quarterly release we focused on trying to improve the user experience through better performance, more powerful filtering and more flexibility when viewing data in the app.
Below are the new features we've added this release, improvements we've made to existing functionality, and some of the issues we've resolved (in addition to minor bug fixes and code refinement).
👌 New Features
- Infinity Scroll - We've introduced an "infinity scroll" to improve the speed and performance of the app when it returns a large number of search results. Rather than returning everything, which can take a while, it returns a subset of records, then loads more as the user scrolls down the page.
- Screen Rules - This is a new feature that enables the power of FleetWave's screen rule functionality to be utilized in FleetWave Technician, allowing you to set conditions that apply as technicians interact with the app, such as hiding and showing specific fields, and making fields read-only or mandatory.
- Landscape Table Orientation (Android Only) - You can now rotate your Android device to view tables in a landscape view.
- Filtering Panel Enhancement - We've improved filtering to make it quicker and easier to find the records you're looking for.
- New Clock-In Modal - Small change to the user interface (UI) of the clock-in modal, we like to keep the app looking fresh and modern!
🙌 Fixed Issues
- Task Timesheets - We fixed an issue where timesheet records for tasks were not being finished (i.e. closed off with an end date and time) when the app was forced closed. When the app was reopened, the technicians were still clocked onto the task, which was leading to some erroneous timekeeping!