The Costing table in FleetWave stores summary costs per vehicle, per cost code, per accounting period. The transfer costing process is triggered manually and is done once all relevant records have been prepared for the period to be processed; e.g. all job cards have been costed and closed down, all fuel transactions have been created/imported etc.
FleetWave creates costing records from various sources, as explained in the process below. These costs can be broadly categorised as either Standing, Running or Overhead costs. Before you can utilize this feature, you will need to Create a Posting Date.
Check the video out:
1. Navigate to the Costing Transfer tool menu item under Costing
2. Select the period that you wish to post the costs for via the 'Period End' drop down
If the period end date is not in the drop down list, you can Create a Posting Date via the settings menu, or you can use the 'Posting Dates' shortcut.
3. Select the tick box to opt in the categories of costs you wish to transfer
4. Add an optional costing reference for each category you select
You can preview the records before they are committed by selecting the preview tick box next to the 'Transfer Costs' button. If you are happy with the preview, you can complete the process by selecting the 'Transfer Costs Preview'.
5. Click the 'Transfer Costs' button
FleetWave will create the records in the Costing table that can now be reported on or exported out of the system.