Product: FleetWave Core
Release Date: December 2022
We know how important data is to a Fleet Manager, so this release focused largely on data management, from several improvements to the Import Wizard, to the ability to categorise and organise the KPI's in your dashboard more effectively. Below are the new features we've added this release, improvements we've made to existing functionality, and some of the issues we've resolved (in addition to minor bug fixes and code refinement).
👌 New Features
- Driver Trips Module - We've added a new module that enables drivers to log the trips they take in company cars so that business and private miles can be tracked and reported on. These entries can either be added via the table in FleetWave, or via the FleetWave Driver mobile app.
- Vehicle Lookup - A real time-saver for you Fleet Admins out there, we've enabled vehicle lookups! So when you're adding a new vehicle, type in the registration number, tab away, and the FleetWave will do the rest! Data provided by Carweb.
- Vehicle Service Event Margins - For strict service schedules, i.e. those with a seed date set, you can now define a margin (days and/or distance) to force the system to reset the seed date when a service event is carried out earlier than the specified margin allows. For example, if you have an annual service with a seed date of 25/06/2023 and you conducted the service a few days early, the system would calculate the next service date as 25/06/2024 (strictly adding a year to the seed date). This may be fine, until you conduct the service a month early, and the system does the same calculation, meaning a gap of 13 months between services! Now, you can set a margin of, say, 28 days, and if the service is conducted 30 days before the seed date, the system will alter the seed date and bring the next service date forward to 26/05/2024 - 12 months after the new seed date.
- Deferred Defect Reason - When adding a new maintenance job record the system will inform the user of any open defects for the vehicle, and the user can either select to add a job line to rectify the defect, or defer the defect to a later date. Now, when selecting to defer, the user will have to also select from a pre-defined list of reasons for deferring. This will then be stored on the defect record, giving a more informative audit of what's happened.
- Duplicated Data Tool - Sometimes duplicated data gets into the system, it happens, and sometimes it can cause issues. That's why we've added a new system administrator tool that will quickly identify tables that contain records with a duplicated key field, e.g. drivers with the same driver name. The tool can be accessed by any user with the relevant permissions from the Install Tools page.
- 'Buy Now' Button - We have added a new 'Buy Now' button on the main menu in trial sites to make it easier for trialists to sign up to the platform.
- URL Click-Through From Browse - A small but effective improvement, we've enabled the ability to click through a URL link on the browse view, rather than having to open the record first, saving you a vital click.
- KPI Categories - We've added the ability to categorise the dashboard KPI widgets, giving you greater control and flexibility over what data is displayed. You can now filter for KPIs that relate to a category most relevant to you.
- Add 'Constants' to Imports - When importing data with the Import Wizard, you now have the option to add 'constants', which means setting a static value for a field on all the imported records. For example, if you're importing a file of vehicles, but the file doesn't contain the odometer type, as part of the Import Wizard process you could set the field 'Odometer Type' to 'Miles' for every vehicle in the file.
- Import Definition Naming - To help make import definitions more recognisable to the end user, we've added a field that enables you to name newly created import definitions during the creation process, as opposed to having the system automatically name them.
- Export File Easy Access - There's now a button on screen after an export has been run via the import/export tool to download the file(s) that have just been generated, making them much quicker to access.
- Export ID - We've enabled the ability to add the EXPORT ID in the filename template in an export definition, much like the previous functionality of adding [SEC][MIN][DD][MM][YY] to stamp the time/date of the export. This allows you to assign some sort of 'batch number' to an export file.
- Unlock All Records on Logout - This one is as simple as it sounds! We've made it so that if any user has a record locked (see Unlock Records for more information on locked records) when they log out, the system will automatically unlock said records.
- Deleting Uploaded Files - Previously it was possible for any user with edit permission for a module to delete attachments from records in that module. We've now made it so that only users with delete permission for a module can delete attachments from records.
🙌 Fixed Issues
- Vehicle Lookup Reference Data - Using the vehicle lookup functionality was causing some data issues when important reference data was not in the system (see Establish Lookups for more info). We've rectified this issue by having FleetWave automatically create reference data, such as makes and models, as part of the vehicle lookup process.
- Service Event Tool 'No Results' Message - We were made aware of a confusion issue when using The Service Event Tool, whereby the table of search results just remained blank when no results were found, leading users to think the system had not performed the search. To rectify this, we have added a 'No results found' message when the search doesn't return any vehicles which match the criteria, making it clear to the user.
- Favouriting FleetWave - We have rectified an issue identified where saving the FleetWave URL as a favourite in the web browser once logged in would sometimes cause the link to fail at a later date due to the login page/session being bypassed.