There are two tables in FleetWave for recording fines; one is for fines that may incur a penalty point endorsement, such as speeding or driving under the influence of alcohol (described below), and one is for parking fines (see Record a Parking Fine).
Check the video out:
1. Navigate to the Fines module
2. Click to add a new record
A 'Fine Number' will be applied automatically when the record is saved.
3. Enter the relevant dates associated with the fine - as a minimum at least the 'Offence Date' is required
4. Enter the 'Registration Number' the fine is for
FleetWave will look up the vehicle in the Allocations table and pull through the vehicle's allocation information at the time of the offence, including which driver had the vehicle.
5. Select an 'Offence Code' from the drop down and the 'Offence Description' will be populated
6. Enter the number of 'Offence Points' and the 'Fine Amount' the fine carries, as well as any other information pertaining to the fine
The record will be committed to the database, which means you can now upload documents, such as digital copies of the fine letter.
8. Open the record again and press
9. Navigate to the Uploads tab
10. Upload any relevant documents by selecting the file and entering a 'Description'
11. Click to save the record again
Note - if the driver is prosecuted and receives the points on their licence, this should be added to the Licence Endorsements table on the driver's record (see Record Driver Licence Details).